A Brief History
The Ella Sharp Museum opened in 1965 in the 19th century home of Ella Merriman-Sharp. Ella willed her 530-acre property to the City of Jackson in 1912, with the understanding that a park and museum be developed for all to enjoy. The Hadwin Center connects seven galleries, which feature changing exhibits of art and Jackson history, and hands-on children’s activities in the galleries. In addition to touring the elegantly furnished Victorian home, visitors to the Museum may visit a one-room schoolhouse, an authentic log cabin, and other historical buildings.