Accessibility & Amenities
We strive to create an inviting and inclusive environment for everyone.
For additional information, contact our visitor services at 517-787-2320 or email@example.com.
- Ella Sharp Museum is ADA compliant
- Free parking at the museum entrance
- Public areas are wheelchair accessible with the exception of some of our outdoor historical buildings
- All museum restrooms are wheelchair accessible with changing tables
- Walkers, wheelchairs, and scooters are welcome
- The Ella welcomes service animals
- A sensory friendly backpack is available to check out at the information desk
- Resting spaces are available in the museum lobby, on the outdoor grounds, and in the museum galleries
- Ella Sharp Museum is a member of the Museums for All program, a Blue Star Museum (May-Sept), NARM and offers a Museum Pass from the Jackson District Library. Learn more about all three programs here.
Location & Parking
Ella sharp Museum is located inside of Ella Sharp Park. Our address is 3225 Fourth Street, Jackson, MI 49203 but the entrance to the museum is located on the East side of the museum buildings within the park.
Park Street Closure*
(3) Streets through Ella Sharp Park are closed through the Winter Months: Birchwood Drive, Maplewood Drive, and W. Hickory Avenue. Please use the main park entrance on 4th street.
Read the full press coverage here.
Parking is free and located in front of the museum entrance inside of Ella Sharp Park.
View a virtual tour of the Hurst Planetarium here
Museum Gift Shop
We are excited to announce the Gift Shop will be open in 2023. Stay tuned!
Ella Sharp Museum offers free WiFi to guests during their visit.