The present Dibble School, built in 1885 for approximately $650, was the third school building to stand at the corner of Kibby and Robinson Roads in Summit Township. (It was moved in 1967 to the Museum grounds and is now restored to the 1900 appearance.) The date of the first schoolhouse, built of logs, is lost; the date of the second, built of stone, is 1868. The Dibble School, Summit Township District No. 2, was an autonomous district until 1957, the year of its consolidation with the Union School District, Jackson.
Jackson, Michigan, c. 1885
Moved to Ella Sharp Museum, 1968